64.5 F
Maricopa
Saturday, April 20, 2024

Supervisor Snider holding Maricopa office hours Tuesday

District 3 Supervisor David Snider will be holding his monthly office hours in Maricopa on Tuesday, May 4.      

Early Disposition Court: reforms that save millions

Our superior court, county attorney's office, public defender, adult probation and sheriff's office have worked together to make justice more efficient, saving our Pinal taxpayers millions in the process.  

Healthy families through drug intervention

Sometimes mottos like "just say no to drugs" are not effective in deterring kids from experimenting with drugs.

RAM’s recycled art contest winners named

In order to celebrate Earth Day 2010, Recycling Association of Maricopa (RAM) and its director Gina D'Abella, in partnership with Environmental Concerns Organization, Inc. sponsored a recycled art contest to encourage residents to recycle trash instead of throwing it away.

City offers Movies in the Park through June

Maricopa has its own movie complex, and it's a big one--Pacana Park.

Peaceful farmers became warriors at Maricopa Wells

Descendants of the Hohokam, the Akimel O'Otham (Pimas) and Maricopas lived as extended families along the Gila River for centuries.    

Resident wins televison from Orbitel at Salsa Festival

Maricopa resident Christine Perry won a 47" Plasma television from Orbitel Communications at Maricopa's 6th Annual Salsa Festival.  

Rios new chairman of Pinal County Board of Supervisors

There will be a change in the leadership of the Pinal County Board of Supervisors beginning May 1. District 1 Supervisor Pete Rios was unanimously elected as chairman of the board until August 31, 2011.

My vision for Maricopa

Election day is less than one month away. I am sharing my vision for Maricopa because the next decision each voter makes is crucial.  

Rex: cute, intelligent, looking for a great home

My name is Rex. I'm three years old and probably a cattle dog/ Queens land Heeler mix.

Orbitel sponsors scholarships for MHS seniors

Orbitel Communications is sponsoring $1,000 in scholarships for Maricopa High School seniors at awards night on May 13.

Public health district attacks low childhood immunization rates

Faced with a childhood immunization rate 37 percent lower than the national average in 2007, the Pinal County Board of Supervisors took steps to attack the problem by forming the Pinal County Public Health Services District.  

On your pathway to a meaningful and fulfilling career/life

What I am about to share has been distilled from this experience, especially over the past decade working with Fortune 100 companies, as well as medium and small size businesses, both public and private. These concepts and models hold true in each of these environments and in the realm of your personal life.

Arizona’s prison population profiled

Over 94 percent of Arizona inmates are either violent or repeat felony offenders or both according to the report, "Prisoners in Arizona: A Profile of the Inmate Population," released late last month by the Arizona Prosecuting Attorneys' Advisory Council (APAAC).

Hidden Valley road improvement projects begin Monday

Drivers in the Hidden Valley area should be aware that chip sealing on two local roads will take place Monday, April 26, through Friday, April 30.  

New federal program aids lower-income women, children

Today's economic struggles have taken a toll on many families in the United States. As job losses mount in some sectors, parents may wonder how to make ends meet while still putting a nutritious meal on the dinner table.

Pinal County is ground zero for spring wildflowers

For the next few weeks, residents and visitors will see the splendor of spring unfold in Pinal County. Wildflowers are already beginning to bloom in the desert, along highways and in our parks and recreation areas.   

‘Just a wedding’

I actually really enjoy weddings. It's pretty amazing to be so important to people on the biggest day of their lives.

Desert Sun Performing Arts ‘rocks the mouse’

The DSPA Gems, Desert Sun Performing Arts' competition team, recently traveled with 34 dancers to perform at Disneyland. 
Maricopa
clear sky
64.5 ° F
70.8 °
61.2 °
31 %
3.2mph
0 %
Sat
88 °
Sun
92 °