By Brian Petersheim
Thinking about selling your house? Now is a great time. It is a seller’s market right now.
As a Maricopa realtor for almost 12 years, one of the questions asked most often is, “How can I sell my house faster and for more money?”
Here are a few tips to get your house noticed and drive traffic to your front door.
1. Professional pictures and virtual tours. With so many buyers looking online for properties, pictures are very important. Let’s face it. The first thing people look at is pictures. That first impression of the property will either get your home on their “view” list, or will find your home on the “not interested” list.
The right pictures can make all of the difference. Your real estate agent will set up a professional photo shoot, with no upfront cost to you. Professional photographers have the correct lenses, lighting and shutter speed to make even an empty room look spacious.
If your home is impeccably decorated and is loaded with upgrades, then a Virtual video tour should be used.
If your subdivision has amenities like a pool, basketball courts, clubhouse or a lake, those pictures are also imperative
No…. (an actual picture of a backyard on the MLS)
2. Declutter! Remove and store items that haven’t been used in over a month. The less clutter, the bigger the house will look and the easier it will be for potential buyers to visualize their belonging there. During the daytimes if possible, leave the blinds open and lights on in case of a last minute showing.
3. Aerial photographs. When the home has some great exterior features, like a pool, backing to a lake, or built-in barbecue/fire pit areas, those are huge selling points. Buyers want to know, and words won’t prove it. Your real estate agent who helps you get the professional photographs can help set up an aerial shoot (at no upfront cost to you).
4. Access. Having a lockbox on the property is very important, along with being able to show the home with a two hour notice. The lockboxes in use today are high tech, and all showings are tracked online. The lockboxes can also be set up so your agent can control access to it. A great real estate agent can help minimize those challenges, and can facilitate as many showings as possible.
5. Keep your flier box filled! Most people would think this is a no-brainer, but only about 10 percent of listings actually have the flyers on the signpost. Many buyers like to drive around the neighborhood to get a feel for the community, and being able to grab a flier to take notes on or to bring it back to their agent as a “must see.”
Brian Petersheim of HomeSmart Success has been living and selling homes in Maricopa since 2007. He can be reached by call/text to (602)206-9644 or emailed at Brian@MaricopaNewHomes.Net