63.3 F
Maricopa
Thursday, April 25, 2024

All waters flow to Gila River

Do you know the rivers of Maricopa?

Abandoned kitten seeks new, loving home

Snowball is a very sweet, female kitty; she is about a year old.

Quilting exhibit showcases nearly 70 handcrafted works

The quilts on display at the Maricopa Public Library Friday were products of a true passion for quilting.

Teacher incentives

Given that I have also chosen to pursue a career in teaching, I wanted to investigate the pros and cons of teaching incentives and the different views.

Victim-assistance volunteers needed

The MPD Victim Assistance Program is looking for volunteers for upcoming training. The program presently has 10 active volunteers and needs to expand its membership.

Maricopa Sole Mates walk, raise funds to fight breast cancer

Sixty miles in three days, thousands of steps and months of preparation to make a personal difference in finding breast cancer cures.

Great reads at the Maricopa Public Library

French lawyer and political philosopher Charles De Secondat once said, "I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage."

My opinion

Last night I attended the Ask the Candidate forum, and a couple of things did jump out at me.

Author Jana Bommersbach shares investigative passion

Last Saturday the Friends of the Maricopa Public Library welcomed 2010 OneBookAz winner Jana Bommersbach, author of The Trunk Murderess: Winnie Ruth Judd, to the library as part of their visiting author series.  

‘Maricopa, My Hometown’ now on exhibit at library

Local artist Dave Wilhelmsen's exhibit "Maricopa, My Hometown" is on display at the Maricopa Public Library until May 28.

Supervisor Snider: county budget, Prop 100, May events

Gosh - is it May already? Seems like just yesterday that I was humming the melody that accompanies "April showers bring May flowers...."

Plenty of kids’ activities in May

Kids driving you stir-crazy? Need to get out and do something fun? Check out all the activites going on in May.

Trio graduates from public safety leadership course

Thursday Battalion Chief Jim Wise of the Maricopa Fire Department and Lieutenants Larry Eckhardt and Willie Payne of the Maricopa Police Department graduated from an intensive three-week course entitled Leadership in Public Safety Organizations.

Lovable puppy needs family of her own

Bear is a five-month-old Husky /Aussie mix. She's a gorgeous auburn color with matching eyes.

The legend of Montezuma

This picturesque backdrop for Maricopa Wells, the stone face of Montezuma, continues to sleep at the south end of the Sierra Estrellas.

Staying the course

As the May 18th General Election nears, it's important to remind you of some of the many reasons why I'm running for your city council, and what I want to bring to Maricopa. 

Senate hopeful needs help naming RV

When it comes to making up names for things, people often think of their children or pets, but U.S. Senate hopeful Rodney Glassman is taking it to another level.
Maricopa
clear sky
63.3 ° F
70.4 °
59.4 °
29 %
2.6mph
0 %
Thu
78 °
Fri
80 °