Community

Community

By Julia Gusse With the passing of Sen. John McCain, many were reminded of his service to our country in both the military and the...

From the desk of Maricopa High School Principal Brian Winter: This is the response from Coach Brandon Harris regarding the events that transpired at...

Samuel Craig Jr., formerly of Maricopa, passed away Sept. 10, 2018, in Toltec. He was 88 years old. The father of 13 children, Mr. Craig...

The Maricopa High School football team routed Central, 55-0, in a shortened Homecoming game that ended with a brief brawl that was not instigated...

By Anthony Smith I endorse Mr. Glenn Morrison for constable for the Justice Court Precinct #4 in Pinal County. Last spring, after several meetings and...

In an age dominated by digital platforms, Shianne Holman’s fourth-grade students learn hands-on, practical skills like public speaking, reading a paper map and writing...

By Henry Wade First of all I would like to take a moment to say thank you for re-electing me for a second term on...

Dr. Ehreema J. Nadir, already established in Gilbert, opened a medical office in Maricopa in 2016. Hometown: Pakistan Resides in: Gilbert Maricopan since: 2016 Occupation: Primary Care Physician Family:...

His story begins less than a month after Black Tuesday, America’s economic disaster that incited the Great Depression.“He’s always served without fanfare, under the...

The Maricopa High School Rams won their third football game of the season, but the head coach wasn’t exactly happy about the way it...

Desert Wind Middle School's Blended Learning students weren't just playing around. Since the start of school, they have been brainstorming, designing, marketing and analyzing...

The Maricopa High School swim team hosted its first home meet Thursday, going up against American Leadership Academy at Copper Sky Aquatic Center. MHS freshman...

A longtime board member and one newcomer will fill two vacancies on the local school board, according to county documents. Incumbent Patti Coutré and Ben...

Students and community members will paint the town red in September. Maricopa High School will host its annual homecoming week Sept. 10-15. Senior Nancy Saldana,...

By Vincent Manfredi Maricopa,  I want to thank you for voting; especially to those who put their faith in me and gave me their vote. Without...

Digging deep in the fourth quarter, the Maricopa High School football team pulled out a win at Apollo in Glendale Friday night, 27-20.  The Rams...

By Rich Vitiello Dear Maricopa: Thank you. It will be an honor and privilege serving you, the residents of Maricopa, when I take the oath of...

Maricopa High School's varsity volleyball team started its 2018 season with a 1-2 record. The girls hosted the Camelback Spartans Aug. 28 and won...

Maricopa High School opened the season for its first-ever swim team in a tri-meet Thursday against Poston Butte and Apache Junction. "It was a great...

The ninth annual Copa Crew Hype Back to School basketball Tournament is Sept. 28-30 in the Sequoia Pathway Academy high school gym. The competition is...

Sen. John McCain impacted countless Arizonans. The Bartles are among them. Sen. McCain offered my brother an appointment to the United States Naval Academy and,...

By Hollace Lyon  You’ve probably heard about the recent increase in secondary property tax rates in Maricopa as a result of the Legislature’s change to...

Cadets from Maricopa High School AFJROTC participated in the 2018 Buckeye ROTC Toughest Team Competition held Aug. 18 at Buckeye High School. MHS placed third...

Saturday, the Maricopa High School Marching Rams traveled to Chase Field as part of the annual Diamondbacks Band Night. The Marching Bands performed the...

By Julia R. Gusse It is with great pleasure that I provide Leon Potter with my full endorsement as he seeks election onto the City...

In a messy, dusty Game 2, Maricopa High School's football team lost at Millennium, 26-21. That evened the Rams' record at 1-1. The Tigers...

School district leaders could join a lawsuit against the state Legislature. The Maricopa Unified School District Governing Board discussed the possibility during a meeting Aug....

A discussion that began earlier this year, after a shooter entered the halls of a Florida school and killed 17 students and staff members,...

By Murray Siegel Sequoia Pathway has two principals, one for the elementary grades and one for the secondary grades. Last year’s high school principal, Dr. Alfonso...

By Angela Askey, Executive Director Public Relations and Marketing Central Arizona College officially celebrated the opening for the new Science Building and Mel A. Everingham...