Community

Community

Heidi Vratil began her career 22 years ago teaching in the special education department of Maricopa Unified School District’s middle and high schools. “It wasn’t...

By Bernadette Russoniello “You will have to stay in state; we can’t afford for you to leave.” This sentiment echoed in my household growing up...

Class of 2018 Valedictorian Porter Jones delivered the following address at the Maricopa High School commencement.   Hello, Class of 2018 and guests! I am honored...

The Arizona Interscholastic Association hosted the State Track and Field Championships on May 2-5 at Mesa Community College. The Maricopa High School boys finished...

Tracey Lopeman officially becomes the superintendent of Maricopa Unified School District July 1. Lopeman is currently under contract as a consultant and de facto...

By John Anderson I am writing to you with a grave concern for our veterans here in Maricopa. There is a company called Alliance Fiduciary,...

In an end-of-year changeup, Maricopa Unified School District approved dozens of personnel moves Wednesday. That included creating six new position titles involving more than 27...

Teachers and other certified personnel in the Maricopa Unified School District can expect to receive the 10-percent raise. The governing board approved pay hikes...

Central Arizona College recognized the accomplishments of its graduates during a district commencement ceremony on Friday, May 11 at Casa Grande Union High School....

During the flag raising ceremony at the Maricopa Veteran's Center on Monday (Memorial Day), the Desert Wind Middle School Blended Learning Memorial created by...

Dear Editor, I am an owner of a local business home based in the City of Maricopa. My business is a member of the Maricopa...

Teachers and classified staff at Maricopa Unified School District could see a pay bump next school year, according to district documents. The MUSD Governing Board...

Graduation ceremonies for 356 graduates of Maricopa High School drew a standing-room-only crowd to Ram Stadium on Thursday. The students heard encouraging words from...

Eight graders from Maricopa Unified School District's two middle schools, Desert Wind and Maricopa Wells, came together Tuesday to mark the end of junior...

The mayor was 12 years old. The director of the Economic Development Department was just 11. And if they had the power, Maricopa would have...

Maricopa High School Air Force Junior ROTC presented its annual awards night Saturday with a series of honors and promotions  and a Change of...

Sequoia Pathway Academy celebrated the graduating class in commencement exercises Friday night. More than 70 seniors graduated from the charter school as Mayor Christian...

A Maricopa High School student is among the finalists announced for the ASU Gammage High School Musical Theatre Awards. The MHS Theatre Company's production of...

Leading Edge Academy Maricopa presented the musical "The Wizard of Oz" to a full house Friday. Drama and choir students with live accompaniment from...

Ak-Chin was the latest tour stop for the World Long Drive competition. Airing live on the Golf Channel May 15, the event was the...

Nineteen Maricopa High School students earned national honors on the 2018 National German Exam (Level One). Freshmen Abigail Poland and Nathaly Zavala earned gold medals...

Maricopa High School hosted its annual Senior Honors Night May 14. It was a time to recognize hard work in the classroom and in...

Students of the National Elementary Honor Society (NEHS) from Butterfield Elementary School spent their time lending support to those who need it the most. Over...

Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. Maricopa High School AFJROTC cadets will be presenting the colors at the 30th annusl Run For The Wall Cross-Country Ride...

The class of 2018 at Maricopa High School and Sequoia Pathway Academy is filled with many goal-oriented, career-minded individuals. Learn about a few of...

By Henry Wade Hello Maricopa family, it has been some time since I penned a letter to the editor, primarily because there are times when...

By State Sen. Steve Smith With Arizona's 2018-2019 state budget now signed by the Governor, I wanted to clearly explain how the 20-percent teacher pay...

Faced with the choice between U.S. military academies that had accepted her, Maricopa High School graduating senior Dylan Hill announced her decision this month.   “I...

The fourth annual Music-a-Thon at Maricopa Unified School District filled the Performing Arts Center with music for seven hours Saturday. Bands and choirs from...

The Maricopa High School Theatre Company's second annual Miscast Cabaret last week was a fund-raiser to send qualifying performers to the International Thespian Festival...