This Saturday, Nov. 11, the American Legion Auxiliary Unit 133 and Veterans Parade Committee are hosting a Veterans Parade starting at 9 a.m. and going from Legacy Traditional School to Leading Edge Academy.
Below is additional information for viewing the parade and/or driving around the area during the parade:
Parade Route: Parade staging will start at 7:30 a.m. at the Legacy Traditional school parking lot.
The parade will start at 9 a.m. at Legacy traditional and ending at Leading Edge Academy.
Road closures from 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Porter Road from North Adams Lane to West Bowlin Road
- Bowlin Road from Porter intersection to Regent Drive/Smith Farms Circle
- Bowlin Road and North Emma Lane
- Intersection of N Adams Way and North Falcon Lane
- White and Parker for residents in the community near Legacy and Central Arizona College
- Stonegate Rd. and Glennwilde Dr. for residents in Glennwilde Community
- Sequoia Pathway Academy – open to participants and the public
- Saddleback Elementary- east side parking lot for disabled guests
- Central Arizona College – for incoming vehicles from White and Parker
- Leading Edge Academy- for Veterans attending the Luncheon after parade
Areas to view the Parade
Spectators can enjoy the parade from W. Bowlin both sides of road and both sides of Porter all the way to end of route. Lawn chairs can be set on the sidewalks.
Parade participant’s end
Veterans participating in the parade can turn to Leading Edge Academy’s west side parking lot.
Other vehicles and floats will end at Saddleback Elementary’s north side parking lot on N. Adams Ln.
Emergencies – In case of an emergency please dial 911
Lost and Found – Police Department Volunteers/Police Explorers will have a booth located outside the main door of Leading Edge Academy to help connect lost items or children with their families.
Trash – We would like to remind you to keep our City clean. Please don’t dispose any garbage on the streets, use the trash cans in the designated areas.
Flag Ceremony – The parade will conclude with Flag raising ceremony at Leading Edge Academy led by VFW and Maricopa Police Department. Everyone is invited to attend.