Photo courtesy Maricopa Historical Society

Looking south from a water tower, this is a scene from Maricopa during the flood of 1949. The Maricopa Hotel is on the right, Ed Green’s house is in the open and the Maricopa School is in the trees farther south. Note people standing and on horseback to look at the floodwaters.


This photo appears in the September issue of InMaricopa.

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply