MFD photo

A broken belt in a heating unit was blamed for a smoky situation at Carl’s Jr. restaurant in Maricopa on Monday.

Maricopa Fire Department crews were called to the location at 21000 N. John Wayne Parkway at 5:32 a.m.

They found the dining area filled with smoke after the belt broke in the HVAC unit on the roof. Employees had just opened the restaurant and turned on the heater.

No customers were in the restaurant. Employees were evacuated, and no injuries were reported. Carl’s Jr. re-opened later that morning.

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply