53 F
Maricopa
Thursday, March 28, 2024

Protect against kidney stones; stay hydrated

Arizonans are certainly familiar with warm weather and the hazards it can pose. 

Snider unable to hold Maricopa office hours until July 6

County Leadership Institute sessions begin on June 1 and continue through the week. Therefore, the supervisor will be unable to meet with his Maricopa constituents in the Maricopa City Hall until July 6. 

Casey appointed to state economic board

Danielle Casey, CEcD, EDFP, economic development director for the city of Maricopa, was recently voted by the Arizona Association of Economic Development (AAED) membership at its spring conference to its board of directors as a non-metro community representative for a two-year term.

Fire-restrictions on BLM land in effect

Due to the increasing danger of wildfires, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has implemented fire prevention restrictions within central Arizona.

Southern Pacific employed 1,100 Chinese-American railroad workers

The Chinese was the largest group of immigrants to the West. Immigrants worked in a variety of trades, such as mining, small businesses, farming, ranching, and especially with the railroad.

City hosting experts for national transportation committee meeting

The National Multi-Modal Transportation Steering Committee (NMMTSC) will be hosted by the city of Maricopa on June 3-4, 2010, at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort. 

Local spay and neuter assistance program funded by Build-A-Bear

Pet Social Worker / Tails of Hope has been chosen to receive a grant in the amount of $1,000 from the Build-A-Bear Workshop Foundation for the purpose of providing spay and neuter services to pets of Maricopa area residents. 

Great reads at the Maricopa Public Library

Whether you enjoy fiction, non-fiction or a little of both, you'll have a smorgasbord to choose from this month to satisfy all your literary desires. So, get pencil and paper and let's begin.

DSPA’s 4th annual spring recital features 180 student dancers

Little girls (and a few boys) in sequined costumes, dance slippers and carefully styled hair took to the Maricopa High School multi-purpose room stage Saturday afternoon for DSPA's 4th annual spring recital. Students were there to send the message:  "You Should Be Dancin'!"

MPD receives grant for unmarked, LIDAR-equipped vehicle

Maricopa Police Department is pleased to announce the award of a grant from the Arizona Governor's Office of Highway Safety in the amount of $55,225. The grant is for outlay for one fully equipped police vehicle with an in-car video camera and radar.

Ways to keep informed about Pinal County

Pinal County residents who want to know about events and decisions affecting their communities have an ever-increasing array of options to stay informed.  

How a cookie crumbles

The temptation to eat a cookie does not start with the actual decision to take a bite.  

MPD receives grant to target underage alcohol abusers, suppliers

With this in mind, the Maricopa Police Department is pleased to announce the award of a grant in the amount of $4,528 from the Governor's Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) to conduct enforcement and educational activities, targeting minors who consume alcohol and those business and individuals that make alcohol available to underage persons.

Secret of the ruins

The final chapter for Maricopa Wells closed in 1879 with the coming of the Southern Pacific Railroad through Arizona.  

Steve Smith: Response to Immigration Bill (SB 1070)

My name is Steve Smith. I am a proud resident of Maricopa, and I am currently running to serve as your state senator. Many people have asked me my opinion of the immigration bill (SB 1070), and my answer is simple; it is a great start for Arizona!

Maricopa High students receive $1.3 million in scholarships

Several of Maricopa High School's seniors will have some financial relief as they look to continue their education. See slide show:

Puff prefers to have her own family

I'm Puff, a young (10-12-month-old) girl who was found wandering on the Ak Chin Reservation in early April.
Maricopa
clear sky
53 ° F
62.7 °
46.8 °
61 %
1.3mph
0 %
Thu
77 °
Fri
81 °