70.4 F
Maricopa
Thursday, March 28, 2024

Great reads at the Maricopa Public Library

French lawyer and political philosopher Charles De Secondat once said, "I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage."

Maricopa Sole Mates walk, raise funds to fight breast cancer

Sixty miles in three days, thousands of steps and months of preparation to make a personal difference in finding breast cancer cures.

Author Jana Bommersbach shares investigative passion

Last Saturday the Friends of the Maricopa Public Library welcomed 2010 OneBookAz winner Jana Bommersbach, author of The Trunk Murderess: Winnie Ruth Judd, to the library as part of their visiting author series.  

My opinion

Last night I attended the Ask the Candidate forum, and a couple of things did jump out at me.

‘Maricopa, My Hometown’ now on exhibit at library

Local artist Dave Wilhelmsen's exhibit "Maricopa, My Hometown" is on display at the Maricopa Public Library until May 28.

Plenty of kids’ activities in May

Kids driving you stir-crazy? Need to get out and do something fun? Check out all the activites going on in May.

Supervisor Snider: county budget, Prop 100, May events

Gosh - is it May already? Seems like just yesterday that I was humming the melody that accompanies "April showers bring May flowers...."

Trio graduates from public safety leadership course

Thursday Battalion Chief Jim Wise of the Maricopa Fire Department and Lieutenants Larry Eckhardt and Willie Payne of the Maricopa Police Department graduated from an intensive three-week course entitled Leadership in Public Safety Organizations.

Lovable puppy needs family of her own

Bear is a five-month-old Husky /Aussie mix. She's a gorgeous auburn color with matching eyes.

The legend of Montezuma

This picturesque backdrop for Maricopa Wells, the stone face of Montezuma, continues to sleep at the south end of the Sierra Estrellas.

Senate hopeful needs help naming RV

When it comes to making up names for things, people often think of their children or pets, but U.S. Senate hopeful Rodney Glassman is taking it to another level.

Staying the course

As the May 18th General Election nears, it's important to remind you of some of the many reasons why I'm running for your city council, and what I want to bring to Maricopa. 

Seniors take walk ‘Down Memory Lane’ at Friday’s prom

Maricopa's first ever Senior Prom took local senior citizens "Down Memory Lane" Friday night at Maricopa High School.  

Why I’m endorsing Julia Romero-Gusse

This is why I am endorsing Julia Romero-Gusse for city council member in the upcoming May 18 election.   

Maricopa guild to exhibit their ‘passion for quilting’

On May 7 the Friends of the Maricopa Public Library and the city of Maricopa will offer an exhibit showcasing the genre of quilting. Maricopa's quilt guild, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilts, will be exhibiting quilts they have made or ones passed down through their families.

Save lives by donating blood on May 8

In Arizona there are 700 blood orders every day. The Latter Day Saints Church in Maricopa is hosting a blood drive on May 8 to help meet that demand.  

Early Disposition Court: reforms that save millions

Our superior court, county attorney's office, public defender, adult probation and sheriff's office have worked together to make justice more efficient, saving our Pinal taxpayers millions in the process.  

Healthy families through drug intervention

Sometimes mottos like "just say no to drugs" are not effective in deterring kids from experimenting with drugs.
Maricopa
clear sky
70.4 ° F
74.4 °
68.4 °
35 %
0.6mph
0 %
Thu
76 °
Fri
80 °