62.3 F
Maricopa
Friday, April 19, 2024

Maricopa’s first ‘senior’ prom night set for April 30th

Did you miss your high school prom?  Just want to dress up and have a great night of fun, music and dancing? If the answer is 'yes,' then you need to mark your calendars for Maricopa's first Senior Prom for those over age 50.

Wearing my babies: a love affair

Baby wearing, or the act of placing a child in a carrier on one's body, is not a new invention. It has been around as long as humans have had babies. It is present in all parts of history, in all cultures, in all socioeconomic strata.

Supervisor Snider salutes librarians, addresses water-related issues

Hug a librarian, clerk, page and/or aide when you see them during National Library Week, April 11-17.  

Fitch graduates from police staff and command school

Maricopa Police Chief Kirk Fitch is now a graduate of Northwestern University's Center for Public Safety.

Snider to represent Arizona at County Leadership Institute

David Snider, chairman of the Pinal County Board of Supervisors, is among the 25 candidates selected to go to Washington, D.C.  

Free dump day gives Maricopans chance to ‘clean house’

Maricopa residents can 'clean house' by getting rid of their trash and unwanted items during a free dump day on Saturday, April 10.

Canadian club, anyone?

Upon cleaning her hands in the washroom the young lady walked past the chesterfield and out the front door.

Global Water rates (in my opinion)

To me, it sounds like no matter how much we kick and scream about this and how bad the economy is hurting, each and every American family will get some rate increase shoved down our collective throats.  

My sister is a model

No, not a runway model, although she is lovely. My sister, Mary Attebery, is someone everyone in Maricopa should model. I am so proud of her!

Oscar Wilde production to debut April 9

Catch a play this week. The city of Maricopa Parks and Recreation Division presents Maricopa Community Theater's production of Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest," which opens on Friday, April 9, at the lecture hall at Maricopa High School, 45012 W. Honeycutt Ave. The curtain goes up at 8:30 p.m.

Ride to Remember will honor county’s fallen officers

Motorcycle enthusiasts will take to the road Saturday, April 10, to participate in the Ride to Remember.

Tax saving tips for 2009

The best strategy for tax planning is staying informed on changes to the tax law.

VFW’s Buddy Poppy sales, scholarship programs give back to others

In March the Maricopa Veterans of Foreign Wars participated in one of three Buddy Poppy distribution days at various locations in Maricopa.

Over 2,000 kids find fun at 5th annual Easter EGGstravaganza

The Easter Bunny and his Community of Hope Church helpers were at Pacana Park Saturday morning for the fifth annual Easter EGGstravaganza.  

County recorder’s advice for potential candidates

Pinal County Recorder Laura Dean-Lytle is offering some advice for office seekers and information for people who want to vote early.  

Everyone counts in Maricopa

The answer is Canadians count, too, fill the census form out and send it in!
Maricopa
clear sky
62.3 ° F
69.8 °
59.4 °
33 %
1.6mph
0 %
Fri
91 °
Sat
91 °