86.4 F
Maricopa
Friday, April 19, 2024

What camera should I buy?

I don't know the answer to that question, but I don't mind when people ask me.  Friends, family, and acquaintances ask me all the time.  It is a good question, but not so easy to answer. 

Only 4 weeks to go before Tour de Cure diabetes ride

Maricopa's Team Wal Mart/ Sam's Club is training hard for the 2010 Tour de Cure bike ride.  

‘Pinal County’s got dust’ and other notes from Supervisor Snider

Since February is such a short month - and there's such an awfully lot to do in these 28 days - let's get right to it.

Eat healthy for the big game

There is no question that the creamy dips, fat-laden chips, fried finger foods and super-sized sandwiches usually served at Super Bowl parties are not health-friendly.

Avoid credit card fraud

Credit card fraud costs cardholders and issuers hundreds of millions of dollars each year.

Diedrich appointed to national league of cities

For the second consectutive year, Marciopa City Councilman Carl Diedrich has been tapped to serve on the steering committee of the First Tier Suburbs Council of the National League of Cities.

Four questions with the council candidates

How well do you know the city council candidates? Sure, you might have heard or read their stance on the issues facing Maricopa. But do you know what they do for fun or their hobbies? Or do you know which words they would use to describe themselves? Here's a look at the lighter side of the men and women who hope to help steer the future of Maricopa.

State of the City event on Feb 9

The city of Maricopa and the Maricopa Chamber of Commerce are pleased to present Mayor Anthony Smith's annual State of the City address on Tuesday, Feb. 9. 

County takes 4 of 7 state Republican awards

The Arizona Republican Party hosted its annual awards dinner earlier this month at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort with over 900 people in attendance, including Gov. Jan Brewer.

March 9 decides what Maricopa will look like for years

How do we select community leaders?

Diego is looking for a home

Meet Diego, the pet of the week.

Candidates should all be proud

Eight city council candidates. Three mayoral candidates. That's awesome in and of itself. It's great to have so much interest in serving our community and so many options from which to choose.

Police chief named 2010 PCLEA vice-president

Maricopa Chief of Police Kirk Fitch was elected to the position of vice-president of the Pinal County Law Enforcement Association (PCLEA) on Jan. 19.

Union Pacific moving heavy equipment through Maricopa

Between Monday, Feb.1, and Wednesday, Feb. 3, Union Pacific will be moving heavy construction equipment by rail across State Route 347.

Library kicks off new after-school story time with arts and crafts

The Maricopa Public Library is adding a new feature to its weekly story times--arts and crafts.  

Supervisor Snider holding Maricopa office hours Tuesday

Board of Supervisors Chairman David Snider will be holding his monthly Maricopa office hours on Tuesday, Feb. 2. The chairman will be at the Maricopa Interim City Hall, located at 45145 West Madison Ave., from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.  

Clydesdales make appearance at Bashas’

The parking lot of the Maricopa Bashas' was transformed into a sea of "oohs and aahs" as the world-famous Budweiser Anheuser-Busch Clydesdales made an appearance on the site Thursday afternoon.

Stage set for 2010 Maricopa Candidate Forum on Saturday

The Maricopa Chamber of Commerce and all four of Maricopa's major media outlets are partnering to present the 2010 Candidate Forum on Saturday, Jan. 30, from 5 to 10 p.m. at the University of Arizona Agricultural Center, 37860 W. Smith Enke Road.
Maricopa
clear sky
86.4 ° F
89.4 °
83.1 °
13 %
1.3mph
0 %
Fri
91 °
Sat
91 °