80 F
Maricopa
Thursday, April 18, 2024

Legislature is coming after local zoning

OPINION By Vincent Manfredi, Maricopa City Councilmember I have heard a quote by Ronald Reagan from 1964 (six years before I was born) that still rings...

Opinion: Prop. 469 would deliver better quality of life to Pinal County

We can improve the quality of life in Pinal County for years to come by voting YES on Proposition 469. Among many other projects, the...

Teresa Martinez receives councilman’s endorsement for House

Editor: It is my privilege and honor to endorse Teresa Martinez for election in the Arizona House of Representatives in 2022. Teresa was appointed to serve...
Rich Vitiello

Vitiello: Thank you

Dear Maricopa: THANK YOU! I appreciate your confidence in me, allowing me to serve on our City Council for another four years. I asked for your...

Poll: Most respondents have some doubts about election accuracy

Seven days after the Aug. 2 primary election the winners in the Maricopa City Council race became clear. But the multiple election mistakes by...

Manfredi: Thanks, Maricopa, for voting in a difficult election

Maricopa, I want to thank you for voting, especially this year when it seemed harder and more complicated than it should have been. I want to...

Re-elect Henry Wade for City Council, Chapados says

By Peg Chapados August 2, Primary Election Day, is almost here. It’s time to vote for Maricopa City Council members and I humbly ask you...

Ex-mayor Price endorses incumbents for City Council

By Christian Price Election time is here again. And today I write to you as a private citizen. I understand that politics elicits very strong feelings...
Glenn Morrison Pinal Constable

Constable: Vote for responsible, hardworking Manfredi

By Constable Glenn Morrison, Western Pinal Justice Precinct Vincent Manfredi is a solid fiscal conservative, responsible business owner and one of the hardest working City...
Vince Leach

Leach: Keep ‘Maricopa first’ Manfredi on city council

Vincent Manfredi has the insight and experience that makes him valuable to the City of Maricopa. I fully endorse him and believe the people...

Former state senator: Manfredi, Vitiello deserve re-election

By Steve Smith Please join me in supporting Vince Manfredi and Rich Vitiello for re-election to the Maricopa City Council. Vince Manfredi has been an outstanding...

Roberts: $35 million for Riggs Road overpass proof of Manfredi’s value to Maricopa

By Bret Roberts It is an understatement to say Vince is one of the hardest working people I know. I've personally seen him put the...
Amber Liermann Maricopa City Council

Liermann: Manfredi the ‘steady hand we need’

The City of Maricopa is in a critical stage of development. Strong leadership is essential on the City Council. Vincent Manfredi’s knowledge and insight...
Ron Smith Maricopa

Senior advocate: City best served with transparent, experienced Manfredi on council

To the Editor:  I would like to take this opportunity to endorse current Interim Mayor Vince Manfredi for another term on the City of Maricopa...

Chapados: Re-elect Rich Vitiello to City Council

By Peg Chapados Another election year is upon us, and the 2022 Maricopa City Council election is vitally important for the present and future of...

Biggs: Cavanaugh is fiscal conservative in name only

By Braden Biggs Supervisor (Kevin) Cavanaugh talks a big game about being a fiscal conservative and wanting a smaller government. However, his actions and the...

Manfredi: City Council proposing property tax reduction

By Vincent Manfredi Taxes are too high. I have made it a mission to mandate the lowering of property taxes for every taxpayer. As your councilmember...
Rich Vitiello

Vitiello: Results count, Maricopa

Thank you. It has been an honor and privilege in serving you, the residents of Maricopa since 2018. My family, friends and supporters know...
Vincent Manfredi Maricopa

Manfredi: Keep Maricopa whole while redistricting

I want to keep Maricopa whole while redistricting the supervisor districts. We have been working hard to do so and, at this morning's Pinal...
Nancy Smith

Pinal County Redistricting 2022 – It is important to Maricopa

Pinal County is currently going through a redistricting process to evaluate whether to modify current county districts. It’s important to understand why this is...

MUSD President: Yes, on Prop 457

Six years ago, Maricopa faced a problem that impacted some of the youngest people in our community. This problem was not seen or known by...

Councilmember: Vote ‘yes’ for MUSD Override

By Councilmember Henry Wade The citizens of the city of Maricopa were successful in supporting the approval of the 2016 Override. The current continuation, which...

Parent: Daughter example of Override success

By Angelia Ebner My family has lived in Maricopa since 2005. We have seen tremendous growth and change. We are not only proud to be...

Teacher: Override impact on class sizes, technology game-changer

By Leonard Ybarra  As a 13-year MUSD employee, I can attest that the only constant has been change. MUSD has consistently embraced this challenge in...

Teacher sees major impact of override on her kids

By Kristina Begonja My name is Kristina Begonja. I am a kindergarten teacher at Butterfield Elementary School. I am also a proud MUSD parent. I...

Marsh: We all want the best education possible for our children

By Councilmember Bob Marsh Please vote "yes" on the MUSD override continuation! The upcoming vote on Nov. 2 is for continuing the school district budget increase...

Manfredi: Override proved to be great investment, should continue

By Vincent Manfredi, Maricopa City Councilmember In 2016, I asked Maricopa to take a leap of faith and institute a Maintenance & Operations Override for...

Former vice mayor: Support ‘vital’ MUSD override

By Peg Chapados I support the MUSD override, and I humbly ask all Maricopans to do the same. Why? Because it’s vital for Maricopa, on...
Amber Liermann Maricopa City Councilmember

Councilmember-counselor: Override aids emotional health of students

By Councilmember Amber Liermann I have been a part of the Maricopa community for 17 years. I have enjoyed seeing the growth and development of...

Pastor: Kids deserve the best, MUSD override

By Rusty Akers Lisa and I have been in the city of Maricopa since 2005. Both of our children grew up here and graduated from...
Maricopa
clear sky
80 ° F
84.7 °
77.4 °
19 %
1.9mph
0 %
Fri
92 °
Sat
91 °