Who is InMaricopa, and what impact can you have?
InMaricopa’s mission is to inform readers/viewers and enrich advertisers. Your role as Reporter is critical to our ability to accomplish this. We take considerable pride in the positive impact we make on the community and the focus we’ve placed on quality journalism since our founding in 2004.
We are the leader in the 90,000-person-and-growing Maricopa market. We have 33,000-plus organic social media followers, an 18-year track record and a stable of print and digital products to serve our readers and advertisers. Our content is hyperlocal, and we dominate in this space.
We believe in:
· An informed citizenry.
· Holding ourselves and others accountable.
· The success of deserving businesses.
Our core values are non-negotiable and the easiest way to determine whether a career with InMaricopa is right for you. They are:
3. Open, honest and real-time communication
4. Prosperity for clients, community, company
Am I a good fit?
Skills and experience are important, for sure; but not as important as character. We can teach you new skills and help you hone existing ones, but we cannot teach personality or character. The primary barometer of your longevity with InMaricopa is our core values. If they resonate with – even excite – you, you’re likely a great fit for our team. If they don’t, that’s OK; it’s a lot better to find out a job is not right for you before you apply than after you’ve been hired.
In addition to having a passion for helping people and living our core values, you are results-oriented, competitive, coachable, cheerful, helpful and not afraid to laugh. You work effectively independently and within a team, are self-motivated and take initiative.
What are the benefits of working at InMaricopa?
The important, albeit less traditional, benefits include working for the market leader in an environment that provides flexibility, freedom, fun, autonomy and stability. We have supportive ownership and myriad opportunities to learn/grow and advance your career. A short commute will also add to your quality of life.
We also offer the opportunity to earn a competitive salary, bonuses, subsidized medical insurance, paid time off, sick time, holiday pay, auto and cell phone allowances and more.
What is a day-in-the-life of an InMaricopa reporter?
Your primary role is lead reporter for our Editorial team, building on our best-in-class speed and quality news dissemination via our magazine, website, social media and specialty print publications.
Requisite activities include:
- Reporting on three primary, hyperlocal beats: municipal/county government and politics, education and business/real estate development. Writing community profiles, features and some sports. (Police and investigative reporting and news editing experience a plus.)
- Taking high-quality photos. (Videography and editing experience a plus)
- Writing according to AP Style
- Communicating with editor to receive assignments and propose ideas
- Actively marketing content via social media
- Developing relationships with community newsmakers
REQUIRED SKILLS, CHARACTER TRAITS
· Journalism degree or relevant work experience
· Knowledge of best practices for social media and multimedia
· Passion for hyperlocal journalism and being the best
· Organized and able to establish priorities and meet deadlines
· Professional, mature, courteous demeanor
· Resourceful and proactive
· Shows initiative
· Team player
Doesn’t this go without saying?
InMaricopa is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
How do I apply?
Email your resume and compensation requirements to Careers@InMaricopa.com with subject line "Reporter Application."