What is InMaricopa, and what impact can you have?
InMaricopa’s mission is to inform readers/viewers and enrich advertisers. Your role as a Multimedia Journalist is critical to our ability to accomplish this. We take considerable pride in the positive impact we have on the community and the focus we’ve placed on quality journalism since our founding in 2004.
We are the leader in the 90,000-person-and-growing Maricopa market. We have 33,000-plus organic social media followers, a 19-year track record and a stable of print and digital products to serve our readers and advertisers. Our content is hyperlocal, and we dominate this space.
We believe in:
· An informed citizenry.
· Holding ourselves and others accountable.
· The success of deserving businesses.
Our core values are non-negotiable and the easiest way to determine whether a career with InMaricopa is right for you. They are:
3. Open, honest and real-time communication
4. Prosperity for clients, community, company
Am I a good fit?
Skills and experience are important, for sure; but not as important as character. We can teach you new skills and help you hone existing ones, but we cannot teach personality or character. The primary barometer of your longevity with InMaricopa is our core values. If they resonate with – even excite – you, you’re likely a great fit for our team. If they don’t, that’s OK; it’s a lot better to find out a job is not right for you before you apply than after you’ve been hired.
In addition to having a passion for helping people and living our core values, you are results-oriented, competitive, coachable, cheerful, helpful, and not afraid to laugh. You work effectively independently and within a team, are self-motivated and take initiative.
What are the benefits of working at InMaricopa?
The important, albeit less traditional, benefits include working for the market leader in an environment that provides flexibility, freedom, fun, autonomy, and stability. We have supportive ownership and myriad opportunities to learn/grow and advance your career. We also offer the opportunity to earn a competitive salary, bonuses, paid time off, sick time, holiday pay, 401(k) with match, auto and cell phone allowances and more.
What is a day-in-the-life of an InMaricopa multimedia journalist?
The multimedia journalist is responsible for creating and sharing content across various platforms, including print, online, social media and broadcast. The multimedia journalist must possess excellent copyrighting, reporting, multimedia production and communication skills.
Requisite activities include:
- Conduct interviews, research and write news stories, features and other types of content across multiple platforms.
- Produce and edit audio, video and photo content for print, online and broadcast channels.
- Use social media to promote content and interact with our audience.
- Collaborate with editor to execute multimedia content strategies.
Required skills and character traits:
- Excellent writing, reporting and editing skills
- Proficiency in audio and video production and editing software
- Experience with social media platforms and strategies
- Good on-air and on-camera presence
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Experience with multimedia equipment
- Working knowledge of media law and ethics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in a collegiate or professional newsroom with a strong portfolio of published work preferred
Doesn’t this go without saying?
InMaricopa is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
How do I apply?
Email your resume and compensation requirements to Careers@InMaricopa.com with subject line “Multimedia Journalist Application.”