Gentiva Hospice is member of the Gentiva family – an industry leader in hospice, palliative and personal home care. Our place is by the side of those who need us, offering physical, spiritual and emotional support to patients and their families so they may make the most of every moment. We believe that better care for caregivers and clinicians means better care for everyone, so we offer ongoing professional training, lower nurse-to-patient ratios, and comprehensive benefits for eligible employees. Here, you'll join gifted colleagues who make a lasting difference in people's lives every day.
We’re looking for an Aide to join our team.
You’ll report directly to the Administrator, Executive Director or Patient Care Manager Senior and function under the direction, instruction and supervision of the Registered Nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor.
- You’ll perform assigned personal care activities and services to patient
- You’ll promote the patient’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- You’ll provide basic emotional and psychological support to the patient and other members of the household
- You’ll report changes in the patient’s mental or physical condition or home situation to the Registered Nurse and members of the interdisciplinary team
- You’ll provide accurate documentation with visit itineraries
- Compassionate, kind and empathetic to your patients and their families
- Proof of certification in accordance with state law where hospice service is provided Maintain good standing with state-specific
- Certified Nursing Assistant Registry
- Six months direct patient care experience in an institutional setting; one year preferred
This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health Insurance, 401k Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO
- Opportunity to Participate In a Fleet Program
- Competitive Salaries
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- This is a safety-sensitive position
- Employee must meet minimum requirements to be eligible for benefits
- Where applicable, employee must meet state specific requirements
- We are proud to be an EEO employer
- We maintain a drug-free workplace