Three City Council members will be sworn in for new terms after winning re-election in August, highlighting the agenda during Tuesday evening’s regular meeting.
Council also will select a vice mayor to serve for the next year.
Incumbents Rich Vitiello, Vincent Manfredi and Henry Wade all retained their seats in the August primary election. Vitiello led the voting with Manfredi second and Wade third. They defeated challenger and local real estate agent Adam Leach in the race for three seats.
Since each of the top three garnered 50% of the votes cast plus one vote, they retained office without going through a general election in November.
Eric Goettl joined the council in September after being selected to fill now-Mayor Nancy Smith’s seat after Smith was chosen mayor by the Council to replace Christian Price, who resigned after 10½ years to become president and chief executive officer of Maricopa Economic Development Authority.
Manfredi will relinquish the vice mayor role he currently holds.
Other items on the agenda include:
- The city’s purchase of 0.8 acres west of North John Wayne Parkway and north of Alterra Parkway. That land will be given to First Baptist Church in exchange for improvements to be made on the church property, including removing it’s exit and entry points on John Wayne Parkway.
- Review and approval of final plat of the Home@Maricopa Apartments, a 536-unit project northeast of the intersection of North Porter Road and Maricopa-Casa Grande Highway.
- Review of the final plat of the Maricopa Power Center at The Wells.
- An agreement with Pinal County for fiscal year 2022 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding.
- Possible renewal of the Intergovernmental Agreement for the Regional Metropolitan Phoenix Fire Service Automatic Aid.
- Appointments to various city committees.
- Possible approval and adoption of the updated 2022 Pinal County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan and replacing all previously approved mitigation plans.
Editor’s note: Vincent Manfredi is an owner of InMaricopa.