The Board of Directors of the Maricopa Fire District will hold their regularly scheduled meeting Thursday evening. The meeting’s agenda follows:
MARICOPA FIRE DISTRICT
Board of Directors Meeting
March 2, 2006
PURSUANT TO A.R.S. § 38-431
Notice is hereby given to the public that the Maricopa Fire District governing board will hold a meeting on Thursday, March 2, 2006. The meeting will be held at 44624 West Garvey Avenue, Maricopa, Arizona. The meeting will be open to the public and will begin at 6:30 P.M.
The following is a list of items that may, or may not, be discussed at the meeting. Action or decisions may, or may not, be taken on any or all items.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call and confirmation of Quorum
4. Approval of Minutes from previous meetings
5. Review, discussion, and possible action on Resolution 2006-01, concerning payment to the Pinal County Treasurers Office for a tax overpayment refund in the amount of $17,004.95.
6. Review, discussion, and possible action on Resolution 2006-02, concerning payment to the McCarville Law Firm for services rendered.
7. Review, discussion, and possible action on Resolution 2006-03, establishing authority to sign checks.
8. Review, discussion and possible action regarding designating one (1) or two (2) Board members to meet with Chief William Kelleher to discuss when and in what capacity he anticipates returning to duty and further discuss and attempt to resolve communications issues, if any.
9. Review, discussion and possible action regarding District’s interaction with the City of Maricopa.
10. Review, discussion and possible action regarding amending the District’s By-Laws.
11. Review, discussion and possible action regarding utilization of District’s Attorney, Donna M. Aversa.
12. Review, discussion and consideration of Memorandum of Understanding between the District and El Dorado Holdings regarding Eagle Wing and Eagle Shadow.
13. Staff Reports to Fire Board.
14. Old Business.
15. New Business.
16. Call to the Public:
The procedures to follow if you would like to address the Board are: Complete Agenda Speaker Card and give it to the Clerk of the Board prior to the start of the meeting. You are given three (3) minutes or less to express your ideas, voice concerns, ask questions. You are to refrain from any personal attacks or derogatory statements about any District Board Member or Employee. The Chairperson will limit discussion whenever he deems such an action appropriate to the proper conduct of the meeting.
Notice: The governing board may vote to go into executive session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Fire District’s attorney on any of the above listed agenda items pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3).