History photo: Changing landscape

266
Maricopa Historical Society

The 1917 perspective of what used to be the town center no longer exists but for the top of the ever-present water tower. The railroad station is to the right of the tower in front of the McCarthy Hotel. Maricopa Irrigation Land Company was in the building in the foreground, which was later a house. Today, the overpass has created a different landscape.

Photo by Kyle Norby