The O.S. Stapley store opened in Maricopa in 1955 south of the railroad tracks and east of the high school on Maricopa Road. The store carried farm supplies, hardware, paint, small appliances, sporting goods and housewares, sold International Harvester equipment and repaired and serviced farm equipment. It was managed by Marvin Scott. The address is now occupied by A&R Towing, just north of Helen’s Kitchen. Note the young saguaro cactus shaded by the sign in the 1950s and now in dominance today.
This item appears in the November issue of InMaricopa magazine.