History photo: Southern entrance

208

This 1913 photo looks south from the Southern Pacific railroad crossing to the main street leading into Maricopa. The path through the trees eventually became Maricopa Road and crossed the tracks at this point. When the overpass went in, the north side of Maricopa Road was redirected and connected to Maricopa-Casa Grande Highway and the railroad tracks were fenced off.

Southern Entrance [Submitted]
Today, the view includes the southern portion of Maricopa Road, with the blue Business Barn, at right, and A1 Pawn Shop on the left.

Southern Entrance Today [Submitted]