Eastbound Interstate 10 will be closed between State Route 51 and US 60 (Superstition Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday for Broadway Road bridge work, the Arizona Department of Transportation announced.
The agency recommends seeking alternate routes and allowing for extra travel time.
In addition to the freeway, the following ramps also will be closed:
- All eastbound I-10 on-ramps between Third and 40th streets;
- The ramp from southbound SR 143 to eastbound I-10;
- The southbound I-17 on-ramps at Seventh Avenue and Seventh Street;
- The ramp from southbound I-17 to eastbound I-10;
- The westbound Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway ramp to eastbound I-10;
- The southbound SR 51 on-ramp at McDowell Road;
- The ramps from southbound SR 51 to eastbound I-10;
- The high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) ramp from eastbound I-10 to the eastbound Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway. All other lanes from eastbound I-10 to the Red Mountain Freeway will remain open.
ADOT is recommending detours around the construction area. For those traveling eastbound on I-10, the agency suggests using the eastbound Red Mountain Freeway to the southbound Loop 101 Price Freeway to westbound US 60 to access eastbound I-10.
Drivers heading south on I-17 can use westbound I-10 to eastbound Red Mountain Freeway; they also can continue eastbound on the Red Mountain Freeway to the southbound Loop 101 Price Freeway to the westbound Loop 202 Santan Freeway to access eastbound I-10 in the Chandler area.