Interstate 10 will close in both directions from U.S. 60 south to Loop 202 this weekend – but at differing times, according to Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT advises motorists to allow extra travel time and plan to use detours in the area. Several ramps along the stretch also will close.
Westbound I-10 will close from Loop 202/Santan Freeway/South Mountain Freeway north to U.S. 60/Superstition Freeway from 10 p.m. Friday until 10 p.m. Saturday for work on the Guadalupe Road Bridge.
During the freeway closure, the following ramps will close:
- Wild Horse Pass Boulevard/Sundust Road; Chandler Boulevard; and Ray, Warner and Elliot roads onto westbound I-10.
- Westbound Loop 202/Santan Freeway onto westbound I-10.
- Eastbound Loop 202/South Mountain Freeway onto westbound I-10.
The recommended detour is eastbound Santan Freeway to northbound Loop 101/Price Freeway, to westbound U.S. 60 or westbound Loop 202 to regain access to westbound I-10 beyond the closure.
Drivers heading to the West Valley can bypass the closure by using the Loop 202/South Mountain Freeway west and north to connect with I-10 at 59th Avenue.
Two lanes of westbound I-10 will reopen from Elliot Road to Baseline Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to 4 a.m. Monday.
The Guadalupe bridge project will cause closure of I-10 eastbound lanes from U.S. 60/Superstition Freeway south to Loop 202/Santa Freeway/South Mountain Freeway from 10 p.m. Saturday to 4 a.m. Monday.
During this freeway closure, the following ramps will close:
- Westbound U.S. 60 onto eastbound I-10.
- HOV in both directions connecting U.S. 60 with I-10.
- 40th Street and Broadway, Baseline, Elliot, Warner and Ray roads onto eastbound I-10.
- Eastbound U.S. 60 onto and off Mill Avenue.
Drivers should use eastbound U.S. 60 or eastbound Loop 202/Red Mountain Freeway to southbound Price Freeway, to westbound Loop 202/Santan Freeway to regain access to eastbound I-10 beyond the closure. West Valley drivers can bypass the closure by using Loop 202/South Mountain Freeway south and east to connect with I-10 south of Chandler Boulevard.
Two lanes of eastbound I-10 will reopen from Baseline Road to Warner Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday.