Since launching in 2004, the mission of InMaricopa.com has been to cover Maricopa like nobody else.
We continue to provide the same intensive hyperlocal coverage residents have enjoyed for all those many years, including breaking news, government and education reporting, community profiles and crime. Simply stated, Maricopa is our sole focus.
But the site has evolved over time with better technology and a desire to make it easier for our readers to get their news quickly – and provide even better results for our advertisers.
That evolution continues as we roll out a redesign of the site.
We think you’ll find lots to like when you look around, but our priority was to enhance reader experience:
- A better, faster mobile site. With most of readers on their phones and others on tablets, we have optimized and organized content for smaller screens and users on the go – and the pages load quicker. And we have more changes in the pipeline to enhance the mobile experience.
- A redesigned homepage. Now there’s a greater range of information at your fingertips, without the need to dive deep for it.
- Fully responsive design. The site knows which device you are using and serves up an optimized experience. In short, it looks great no matter the device.
- More visuals.You’ll see more photos on the site, optimized for faster loading. They will help provide readers with access to more information in less space. In addition, navigation has been reorganized to be simple and efficient.
- Social media. We know your digital life is interconnected, so we’ve improved our integration with your social media accounts. You can share articles of interest, connect with us easily on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube and add your comments about articles directly to Facebook, right from the site.
- Enhanced security. To ensure a safe, secure site, we provide SSL encryption on every page, protect user data and lock down digital sessions – well ahead of industry standards.
In addition, we have added some functionality and made other content-related improvements, including:
- An expanded opinion section to encourage a civil exchange of views at a time people are more polarized than ever.
- A new ticker, which will help us speed breaking news to the site and make sure you see it.
- Live video capability on the home page.
- An enhanced traffic page that continues to feature the popular SR 347 traffic cams, but now includes the latest traffic and transportation coverage, including news of crashes, roadwork and detours.
- An enhanced obituaries page.
- The technology behind the scenes makes updates easier and enhances our response to emerging trends in technology as well as reader feedback.
From the beginning, we have considered the local business community our proud partners and sought ways to maximize their results online. Improvements include:
Business directory: The new site has a revamped business directory that is easier to search whether you are looking for a restaurant to dine out or need a trusted professional to help with a project at home.
Advertising: Most of the banner ads in support of our local businesses are designed to inform, not dominate, and deliver subtle but effective results on the perimeters of the site.
We are excited to roll out these changes as part of our mission to serve our readers and advertisers. We hope you’ll poke around and see all the improvements. And be sure to let us know what you think. You can reach me at Bob@InMaricopa.com and 520-568-0040.