Medical examiner: Inmate died of accidental overdose


An autopsy has indicated a former Maricopa resident died of an accidental overdose while incarcerated at the Pinal County jail.

According to the Pinal County Sheriff's Office, the autopsy from the Pima County Medical Examiner's Office listed the cause of death as “morphine intoxication.”

Autopsy results showed Skyler Clem had 585 ng/ml which is nearly seven and a half times the maximum dosage prescribed by a medical professional, according to PCSO spokesman Mark Clark. The therapeutic range of morphine when prescribed by a medical professional is in the range of 10-80 ng/ml.