Paid for by: Yes for Maricopa Schools PAC
Your vote will count in this election. Although conversations during canvasses and telephone surveys indicate strong community support, you must vote to make your voice heard. Through your mail-in ballot or on Nov. 5, please vote YES on Proposition 437.
The future of our community and our quality of life is directly connected to the success of the Maricopa Unified School District. As Maricopa grows, so does the school district and their facility needs that must be addressed. The quality of our schools helps drive economic development and the long-term health of Maricopa. Your YES vote will be a smart investment to our schools, our children and our city.
Our quality education system plays a critical role in developing a talented workforce that attracts new businesses. New businesses strengthen and diversify our economy.
Sometimes there is a difference of opinion about how to keep our schools special and increase student achievement. But there is no disagreement about the high level at which our schools are performing and what they contribute to our community. Studies show that quality schools can increase property values up to 15%.
Why is Proposition 437 so important? Currently, all Maricopa Unified School District schools are at or near capacity and additional funds are needed for safety improvements, new buses, heating, cooling, roofs repairs and deferred maintenance.
Maricopa Unified School District (MUSD) student enrollment is expected to increase between 4,100 and 5,800 students over the next eight years
- MUSD currently serves nearly 7,500 students in preschool-12th grade
- MUSD transports more than 3,000 students, 800,000 miles, on 48 buses each year
- MUSD offers award-winning academic, performing arts, and athletic programs
- MUSD includes two “A” schools and an A+ School of Excellence
Your YES vote on Proposition 437 will provide MUSD with funds to:
- Build an additional high school and acquire land
- Repair and replace HVAC, roofing, and perform weatherization of buildings
- Purchase additional buses to transport students
- Make facility improvements to increase security and promote safety
Additionally, the Maricopa Unified School District and Governing Board are committed to an open and transparent budget process. If the bond is approved, a citizen oversight committee will be appointed to ensure bond funds are spent on time, on budget and as promised.
Great schools are a great investment in our community. Vote YES on Proposition 437.