347Grill Coronavirus
Restaurants like the 347 Grill at UltraStar will be able to welcome back eat-in diners beginning May 11.

The UltraStar Multi-tainment Center is temporarily closing its 347 Grill restaurant and 10 Pins take-out program after a person who was at the facility tested positive for coronavirus.

A message displayed prominently on its website began: “Ownership and management learned that an individual who was at UltraStar has tested positive for COVID-19. We understand that this news may cause you concern.”

A number of attractions – the bowling alley, laser tag, arcade and indoor concessions stand – remain open, the message said. Movies Under the Stars will continue nightly at 7 p.m.

Arizona is one of several western and southern states reporting record numbers of new coronavirus infections. There were 3,858 new cases reported Sunday and nine more deaths. Rates of positive cases and hospitalizations have spiked as well.

The message said that from the start of its May 15, 2020 reopening, UltraStar has adopted and implemented “thorough measures to protect you and our team from exposure to COVID-19….”

Among the mandatory measures implemented, UltraStar noted, were requiring staff to stay home if sick, taking temperatures of employees as they arrived for work, requiring staff to wear face masks, promoting social distancing by limiting the number of occupants with fewer seats and tables, ensuring that anybody with an elevated temperature not enter the building and increasing cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the facility.

“We look forward to reopening on July 6th ensuring that it is safe for our staff and customers to return,” the message said. “During our temporary closure, we will be doing a thorough deep cleaning and sanitizing all areas …. The safety of our team and our guests is of the utmost importance and we appreciate your support as we navigate these challenging times.”

Last week, the Dutch Bros coffee shop in Maricopa closed for several days to conduct a deep cleaning after a worker tested positive for coronavirus. It has reopened.