Hitting the road this Memorial Day weekend? ADOT has announced there will be no closures on state highways this weekend.
ADOT and its contractors are not scheduling any full construction or maintenance closures from Friday afternoon, May 26, through Monday night, May 29. However, closures may still occur for incidents like crashes, disabled vehicles and wildfires.
For those weekend road trips, ADOT wants to remind drivers of some safe driving recommendations:
- Buckle up and obey speed limits.
- Arrange for a designated driver or ride service if necessary, never drive while impaired.
- Check your vehicle, including tire pressure.
- Get some rest before traveling.
- Avoid distractions. Don’t text while driving.
- Don’t park in areas with grasses and brush. Hot vehicle components could start a fire.