Have you been waiting for a job where you can spend more time with your patients and make a difference in their lives? Have you been looking for a team environment with your coworkers? Are you a Can-Do person looking to work with others like yourself? Well, here is your opportunity! Get away from the corporate healthcare mindset and come work with us.
The Emergency Room Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care in the emergency care setting and provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility, and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. The Emergency Room Nurse is able to triage safely, rapidly and accurately, every patient that enters the emergency care system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors
influencing patient flow through the system.
- Communicate with Emergency Department physicians about changes in patient's status, symptomatology, and results of diagnostic studies.
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Maintain awareness of current ER operational policies and procedures which impact position responsibilities.
- Demonstrate current comprehensive and professional knowledge and skills in conformation with recognized nursing standards including the Patient Bill of Rights standards for patient care and the Nurse Practice Act.
- Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with other specialists as required and adjust nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy, including pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Able to use triage process to ensure timely and appropriate care to patients and accurately assign triage categories.
- Able to adequately assess and reassess pain, utilize appropriate pain management techniques, and educate the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cardiac monitoring to identify dysrhythmias.
- Able to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical Laboratory's and according to patient care unit's policies and procedures.
- Able to interpret the results of waived tests and take appropriate action on waived test results.
- Maintain current knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical condition.
- Maintain accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses, and assessment of changes.
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduce the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Interact professionally with patient and family and involve patient and family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Formulate a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluate effectiveness of learning, including family in teaching as appropriate.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with ER standards.
- Ensure an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment.
- Assist in cost containment through appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
At least 3-5 years of Emergency, Room Registered Nurse experience.
Basic computer skills
EHR Documentation via Evident
Current RN license
Current BLS Certification
Current ACLS Certification
Current PALS Certification
Paid time off