Did you know Maricopa offers waste and recycling services every Saturday?
Disposing of waste and recycling in an environmentally friendly manner is vital to the community. The city’s goal is to reduce recyclable materials going to landfills and eliminate solid waste discarded in nearby desert land.
- Household trash.
- Yard, tree and landscape trimmings.
- Wood, lumber and construction debris.
- Carpet and padding.
Waste not accepted:
- Medical waste (biohazard).
- Liquid waste (oil, cooking oil, household chemicals, etc.).
- Household hazardous waste.
- Septic tank waste.
- Industrial waste.
- Auto bodies and engines (Residents can get paid for this waste at Recycle Today Maricopa, LLC)
- Stain or non-water-based paint.
- Blue Bin Material: Paper, cardboard, aluminum and steel food-and-beverage cans, plastic bottles and containers.
- Cardboard: Required to be emptied for recycling.
- Electronics: Computers, TVs, printers and other household electronics.
- Scrap metal items: Large appliances, bicycles and household-related items, such a shelving, patio furniture, etc. (Residents can possibly get paid for this waste at Recycle Today Maricopa, LLC)
- No engine oil, coolant or any other automotive fluids.
- Trash and debris: $5 per bag or $15 per yard.
- Recyclable material: No charge.
- Standard on-road tires: No charge (limit of 4).
- Large off-road tires: Price varies by type.
- Electronic waste: No charge (Please see acceptable materials above).
- Water-based paint: $5 per gallon can or $15 per 5-gallon can (Paint must be dry and leak free. Wet paint will be rejected).
- No stains or oil-based paints accepted.
The Maricopa Waste & Recycling Center is located at 46250 West McDavid Road in Maricopa, 85139. Hours of operation: Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
More information: Waste & Recycling | Maricopa, AZ (maricopa-az.gov).