90.7 F
Maricopa
Thursday, May 2, 2024

Casey ‘quest’ wins Friends of the Library short story contest

Lioba Casey was the first place winner in the 2010 first ever Friends of the Library short story contest.

Mohn’s second place short story features ancestral ties

Beverly Mohn was the second place winner in the 2010 first ever Friends of the Library short story contest.

Pipeline maintenance to temporarily close Teel Road

Pipeline maintenance by El Paso Natural Gas will temporarily close Teel Road between Ralston Road and Thunderbird Road from Monday, Feb. 15, until Friday, Feb.19.  

Maricopans: Did you know?

I feel as if I did not have sufficient time to get my platform out to the people of Maricopa (in the candidate forum). Therefore, I have summarized some important topics in a "did you know" series.

Klaus story ‘with a twist’ takes third place in contest

Claudia Klaus was the third place winner in the 2010 first ever Friends of the Library short story contest.

Casa Grande mammagram clinic awarded grant

The Casa Grande Regional Medical Center Foundation was awarded a $3,000 grant from Fry's Food Stores through the Giving Hope A Hand campaign. The grant will support CGRMC's free mammogram program for uninsured and underinsured women

No-go on Catholic Healthcare West

Rumors have been swirling in recent days about possible hospitals coming to Maricopa.  Maricopa has been involved in negotiations with at least three hospital chains about the prospect of locating in the city for the past four years, but the names or details behind those talks cannot be disclosed due to confidentiality reasons, according to Danielle Casey, Maricopa's economic development manager.

Girl Scouts tour the world during ‘Thinking Day’

Maricopa Girls Scouts, from kindergarten Daisies to high school Senior Scouts, took a global journey Saturday morning as part of World Thinking Day 2010.

What does 10 percent by 2010 mean to MUSD?

In July 2009 the Maricopa Unified School District's (MUSD) Leadership Team met together to develop a plan that would raise the bar for MUSD students, teachers, and community members.

Registration for dog ‘social’ hours ends Friday

Dogs just want to have fun, and the city of Maricopa will providing them with that opportunity on both Feb. 20 and March 27 during a dog 'social' hour.  

Morning Glory Lady needs a home

Morning Glory Lady is a beautiful Appaloosa/Arabian mare.  She is a horse who needs a home.

TRIAD program helps ensure Maricopa seniors’ safety

With the signing of a Maricopa TRIAD agreement last week, senior citizens can feel safer in their own homes.

City hopes to partner with Rocky Point

Maricopa citizens could soon see authentic Rocky Point dancers, musicians and more at upcoming city bashes such as the annual Salsa Festival.

InMaricopa looking for needy non-profits

When the economy falls, often those most affected in the community are non-profit agencies. During economic hardships these organizations tend to see a dramatic increase in the number of people needing help and a dramatic decrease in the number of donors.

What camera should I buy?

I don't know the answer to that question, but I don't mind when people ask me.  Friends, family, and acquaintances ask me all the time.  It is a good question, but not so easy to answer. 

Only 4 weeks to go before Tour de Cure diabetes ride

Maricopa's Team Wal Mart/ Sam's Club is training hard for the 2010 Tour de Cure bike ride.  

‘Pinal County’s got dust’ and other notes from Supervisor Snider

Since February is such a short month - and there's such an awfully lot to do in these 28 days - let's get right to it.

Eat healthy for the big game

There is no question that the creamy dips, fat-laden chips, fried finger foods and super-sized sandwiches usually served at Super Bowl parties are not health-friendly.
Maricopa
clear sky
90.7 ° F
94.1 °
88.2 °
12 %
1.1mph
0 %
Fri
91 °
Sat
90 °