The City of Maricopa will host its annual Great American 4th and Tailgate celebration Monday at Copper Sky Regional Park. Festivities kick off at noon with the Great American Tailgate, followed by an evening pool party prior to the 7 p.m. main event.
The event is free and includes a live, country music concert by the Western Fusion Band. There also will be food trucks, vendors, lawn games and an interactive DJ prior to the 9 p.m. fireworks display.
The Great American 4th is one of the city’s signature events and the public officials remind residents:
- To expect heavy traffic on SR 347 and Bowlin Road following the 9 p.m. fireworks display as attendees exit Copper Sky Regional Park;
- Loud noises and bright lights will occur during the fireworks performance, which will last approximately 15 minutes, so residents and visitors with PTSD, anxiety or anxious animals should take caution.
- Copper Sky Regional Park, including the dog park, will close until 7 p.m. and Copper Sky Multigenerational Center will close at noon Monday in preparation for the events.
- Registration is required for the Pool Party https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/cityofmaricoparec/activity/search/detail/14446?onlineSiteId=0&locale=en-US&from_original_cui=true.
- A limited number of day-of registration spots for the Great American Tailgate will be available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Only GA Tailgate attendees wearing wristbands will be permitted to carry alcohol on event premises.
- Parking is limited. Attendees may purchase a discounted $7 prepaid parking pass, and Copper Sky annual members can pick up a free parking pass at Copper Sky Member Services until noon on Monday. Event parking is $10. A complimentary event shuttle service starts at 6:30 p.m. and has stops at Maricopa Elementary School, Maricopa Wells Middle School and Maricopa High School.
- To be respectful of event staff and volunteers, who are working hard on a hot summer holiday to provide excellent memories and experiences for residents and visitors.