In the photo above, the Maricopa eighth-grade class of 1955 is pictured. In the fall, 28 students would enter as freshmen in the new Maricopa High School.
In 1912, Laura Parson taught 10 first-grade through eighth-grade students in a small house north of the railroad tracks, where Headquarters restaurant is located, until 1914. The unknown tall girl in the center is believed to be the first graduate from a Maricopa school.
This information was previously published in InMaricopa Magazine.