According to Arizona Department of Transportation, Honeycutt Road is scheduled to close at State Route 347 for several months, beginning Dec. 6.
That means there will be no access from Honeycutt Road to John Wayne Parkway as activity on the SR 347 overpass project picks up significantly entering the second phase of construction.
ADOT will continue to maintain two-way traffic on Honeycutt Road, allowing access to nearby businesses as well as Pershing Street. Honeycutt Road will be closed to all traffic between Pershing Street and SR 347.
On the same day Honeycutt Road is scheduled to close, ADOT will open a newly built road – Plainview Street – that will help drivers navigate around the construction area.
Following are the recommended detours for motorists who normally use Honeycutt Road:
- Access Maricopa-Casa Grande Highway (MCGH) from SR 347
• Turn north on the new Plainview Street (located just west of the Maricopa Unified School District building)
• Proceed east on Honeycutt Road
- From Honeycutt Road, turn south on the new Plainview Street (located just west of the Maricopa Unified School District building) to MCGH
- Travel northwest on MCGH to SR 347
The closure is needed for crews to begin widening and making other improvements, such as adding new sidewalks, curbs and gutters, to the south side of Honeycutt Road.
Crews will also begin building the new elevation for Honeycutt Road, which will connect with the new section of SR 347 once the overpass is built. In addition, a new signalized intersection at SR 347 and Honeycutt Road will be built during phase two of construction.
The closure of Honeycutt Road at SR 347 is anticipated to be in place until summer 2019.