Maricopa Mayor Christian Price proclaimed the week of Oct. 19-24 to be “Paint the Town Red Week,” and Oct. 23 to be “Ram Pride Day.”
The proclamation was in honor of Maricopa High School’s Homecoming Week. This year’s celebration is honoring the past 60 years of Maricopa pride, as well as celebrating the current student body.
The Proclamation read:
“Whereas, Maricopa High School is showing their Ram Pride in honor of Homecoming 2015; and
Whereas, community groups and individuals are showing support for our local schools by partnering with Maricopa High School student organizations to promote school spirit; and Whereas, by showing pride in our schools, we are showing pride in our students and their teachers and encouraging them to excel in the classroom and in their community; and
Whereas, local businesses will compete with each other to show the most school spirit during Paint the Town Red by creatively decorating their businesses; and
Whereas, Homecoming is a time to reflect on hometown memories and bring the community together to make new memories with safe, school spirit-themed fun; and
Now, therefore, I, Christian Price, Mayor of the City of Maricopa, do hereby proclaim Oct. 19-24 as “Paint the Town Red Week” and Oct. 23rd as “Ram Pride Day” and call upon all citizens of Maricopa to show Ram Pride by decorating their homes and businesses in our school colors and by supporting our students, teachers and school faculty.”
The Homecoming Committee will meet for the last time on Monday, Oct. 12 at 5 p.m. Any last minute adjustments to their plan will be ironed out at this time.
The current schedule of Homecoming Week events are:
• Saturday, Oct. 17 – Laser Tag tournament at UltraStar Multi-tainment Center
• Monday, Oct. 19 – Senior Class vs. Junior Class Powder Puff football game at 6 p.m. at Ram Stadium
• Tuesday, Oct. 20 – Showing of “Friday Night Lights” at UltraStar Multi-tainment Center
• Wednesday, Oct. 21 – RamFest 2015: Community festival, alumni football game and bonfire at Copper Sky Regional Park from 5 to 9 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 22 – Staff vs. Student Mud Run at Copper Sky Regional Park from 7 to 9 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 23 – Homecoming Tailgate and football game at Maricopa High School starting at 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 24 – Homecoming Dance