Eating out this weekend? Beware — the Pinal County Health Department docked every other restaurant it inspected during a tour of Maricopa this week.
Health inspectors visited nine eateries in the city from Sept. 29 to Oct. 5 and dinged nearly half of them with violations.
This report has three more “satisfactory” ratings than our previous report that spanned Sept. 7 to 28.
Arby’s (inspected Oct. 3)
Culver’s (inspected Oct. 4)
IHOP (inspected Oct. 3)
Sunrise Preschool (inspected Oct. 3)
Tacos N’ More (inspected Oct. 3)
Carniceria Sonora (inspected Oct. 4)
- Sink operation and maintenance: Employee hand sink at food-prep station blocked by a large vat of dough stored in front of it. Hand sink at the hot line service does not have soap.
- Cooling: Temperatures of cooked beans on a metal pallet behind the food service line were between 81 and 95 degrees. Temperatures of cooked beef in a prep cooler were between 49 and 51 degrees. Temperatures of cooked salsa in walk-in cooler were between 50 and 68 degrees. Less than 41 degrees required.
- Hot holding: Temperatures of cooked and fried pork in a warmer were between 89 and 119 degrees. More than 135 degrees required.
- Date marking: Ten crates of individually packed salsa in the retail cooler did not have marked dates.
Fransisco’s Mexican Food (inspected Oct. 4)
- Cooling: Temperatures of cooked rice in reach in cooler were between 49 and 52 degrees. Less than 41 degrees required.
Jack In the Box (inspected Oct. 4)
- Cooling: Temperatures of cheese, meat stuffed tortilla, pre-cooked chicken, salsa and egg rolls in reach-in cooler were between 55 and 57 degrees. Less than 41 degrees required.
- Cooling equipment: Ambient air temperature of the reach-in cooler was 60 degrees. Less than 41 degrees required.
Sonic Drive-in (inspected Oct. 3)
- Backflow prevention: A new chemical dish machine was installed without approval from the Department of Environmental Health. The water-waste line from the dish machine is directly connected to the drain of the three-compartment sink, which is directly connected to a sewer. The owner is required to install an airgap between the three-compartment sink drainpipe and sewer inlet. Reinspection required.