Maricopa Real estate market inventory is at the highest number it’s seen in the past year. One year ago in October of 2020, there were 200 homes for sale, but today there are 250.
Normal monthly inventory averages historically hover around 300-325 homes for sale.
It’s not just Maricopa where the housing inventory is on the rise. I have been keeping in touch with agents throughout the Valley daily, and although there is a shortage of homes, instead of getting 10 offers on the 1st weekend, it has slowed to just a couple.
October 2021 October 2020
Homes for sale 250 200
Average sale price in $368,708 $277,811
Average price per square foot $186 $140
Average days on the market 29 33
These are the final numbers for the city of Maricopa for the month of October 2021
These numbers only focus on the homes in HOA subdivisions, since the non-HOA areas are so diverse and harder to categorize.
There are 250 homes currently available for sale, not under contract awaiting offers. And there are 372 Homes currently under contract (should close escrow within 45 days pending inspection, appraisal, etc.)
In October of 2021:
- 35 of the sold homes had a built-in private pool.
- 53 Of the sold homes were new construction.
- 10 of the houses sold were located in Province (active adult community)
- The least expensive house sold for $242,000. It was a three-bed, two-bathroom dwelling with 1,333 square feet in Province, located at 42000 W. Morning Glory Way.
- The most expensive house sold for $530,000. It was a two-bed, two-bathroom home, with 2,305 square feet. It’s located in Province and includes a firepit and pool. It was loaded with upgrades, like 42-inch cherry cabinets, a gas cooktop and a wall oven. It’s located at 42795 W. Misty Morning Lane.
Of the 237 homes sold in October:
- Nine of them had two bedrooms
- 105 had three bedrooms
- 102 had four bedrooms
- 17 had five bedrooms
- Four had six bedrooms
All about parking
- 196 homes had a two-car garage.
- 39 had a three-car garage
- Two had a four-car garage.
The following is a price ranges of the houses sold in October:
- 1 – $225,001-250,000
- 4 – $250,001-275,000
- 15 – $275,001-300,000
- 28 – $300,001-325,000
- 45 – $325,001-350,000
- 55 – $350,001-375,000
- 37 – $375,001-400,000
- 21 – $400,001-425,000
- 11 – $425,001-450,000
- 14 –$450,001-500,000
- 6 –$500,001+
The Bottom line is clear: The market is strong, and homes that are priced competitively are selling very quickly. Get out there and meet your new neighbor.
- Brian Petersheim is a Realtor with Homesmart Success and can be reached at 602.206.9644 or email BrianPetersheim@gmail.com