Edgar Poe Dehart was a telegrapher at Maricopa Station. He and his family settled in Maricopa Junction from 1926 to 1936. The two-story depot burned in 1931. A smaller depot was built because the Maricopa and Phoenix Railroad, which was built in 1887, closed in 1932. Three decades later, the station was sold and became a playhouse in Phoenix. The McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale purchased and restored it in 2004.
1 of 2