The Arizona Department of Transportation will be carrying out overnight closures of three intersections in Maricopa this week. These will be full closures of each intersection during the following times:
Hathaway Avenue and SR 347 Intersection – The closure will be from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday.
- Detour for southbound SR 347 traffic: Drive west on Edison Road to Wilson Avenue. Travel south on Wilson Avenue to Garvey Road, and then proceed eastbound on Garvey Road to re-enter southbound SR 347.
- Detour for northbound SR 347 traffic: Drive west on Garvey Avenue to Wilson Avenue. Travel north on Wilson Avenue to Edison Road, and then proceed eastbound on Edison Road to re-enter northbound SR 347.
Honeycutt Road and Plainview Street intersection – The closure will also be from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday.
- Detour: Use Maricopa Groves Parkway to access Maricopa-Casa Grande Highway (MCGH).
Alterra Parkway and SR 347 intersection – The closure will be from 9 p.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday.
- Detour for southbound SR 347 traffic: From SR 347, drive southeast on MCGH to Porter Road. Travel south on Porter Road to Farrell Road, and then use westbound Farrell Road to re-connect to SR 347.
- Detour for northbound SR 347 traffic: Drive east on Farrell Road to Porter Road. Travel north on Porter Road to access SR 347 from MCGH.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors.
Head to www.OverpassTracker.com for an overview of the project, frequent updates on traffic impacts, project timelines, maps and videos of what the project will look like when complete. The City of Maricopa has also established a 24/7 Hotline for you to call and get answers to more specific questions or concerns at 520-316-6910.