The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers who use Maricopa-Casa Grande Highway (MCGH) to plan for overnight road closures for five days beginning June 4 at 9 p.m. as work continues on the State Route 347 Overpass project in Maricopa.
MCGH is scheduled to close in both directions between SR 347 and Pershing Street during the following dates and times:
- 9 p.m. Tuesday, June 4 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, June 5
- 9 p.m. Wednesday, June 5 to 5 a.m. Thursday, June 6
- 9 p.m. Thursday, June 6 to 5 a.m. Friday, June 7
- 9 p.m. Monday, June 10 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, June 11
- 9 p.m. Tuesday, June 11 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, June 12
The following detours will be in place during the closures:
- MCGH-to-SR 347 detour: Motorists driving northeast on MCGH can use Maricopa Groves Parkway to access north- and southbound SR 347.
- SR 347-to-MCGH detour: Motorists driving southbound on SR 347 can travel east on Edison Road and follow the detour signs to access MCGH.
- SR 347 will remain open while the overnight closures on MCGH are in effect.
The full closure of MCGH at SR 347 is needed so the temporary structures and forms, which were used to provide support for the overpass while it was being built, can be removed.