Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is a natural alternative to traditional hormone replacement therapy.
Using a painless in-office procedure, the pellets are placed under the skin. Pellets are the size of a cooked grain of rice. They slowly release consistent hormones over a three- to four-month period in women to maintain an optimal level, avoiding the fluctuations of other modalities.
The pellets are made from natural plant sources and are bioidentical to natural hormones. As women age, their hormone levels naturally decrease or become out of balance, which can lead to a range of symptoms and health issues.
Hormones coordinate digestion, brain function, immune function, mood and libido.
If you suffer from any of the following, you may have low or fluctuating hormone levels:
- Cognitive function, brain fog, loss of concentration, memory lapses.
- Sleep Issues that include insomnia, nighttime or early waking.
- Hot flashes/ night sweats.
- Mood, anxiety, depression, mood swings.
- Weight gain or changes in body composition.
- Dry skin, thinning hair, brittle nails.
- Reduced libido or sexual function.
Having balanced, optimized hormone levels can provide a myriad of benefits for the body. Benefits of BHRT include:
- Relief from menopausal and premenopausal symptoms. These can include hot flashes, nights sweats, mood swings and vaginal dryness.
- Improved bone health: Balanced hormones help prevent bone loss and improve bone density, reducing the risk of fractures and other bone-related injuries.
- Reduced risk for certain diseases, including cardiovascular and Alzheimer’s.
- Increased libido: BHRT has been shown to improve sexual health, lubrication and satisfaction.
- Boosted energy levels: Studies have shown that women who use BHRT report an increase in energy levels and a reduction in fatigue compared to those who don’t use BHRT.
- Increased muscle mass and strength: Optimal hormone levels help improve overall physical function and quality of life.
Here at Maricopa Wellness Center, we know that no two people are the same so we custom-tailor each treatment to attain your optimal levels. We also specialize in proper supplementation to help your body perform at its best. These supplements work in tandem with BHRT to filter out bad or excessive hormones and to help your body utilize the good hormones. Using supplements promotes beneficial estrogen metabolism and helps restore healthy hormonal balance along with BHRT.
If you are experiencing hormonal imbalances or are concerned about the effects of aging on your hormone levels, BHRT may be a suitable treatment option for you.
Call our office today to see if BHRT is the right treatment to regain your youthful exuberance.
Text MWC to 520-464-6193 to sign up for our texting list where we share events and special promotions.
This sponsored content was previously published in InMaricopa Magazine.