Rabies cases reported in Pinal County

The Pinal County Public Health Services District is issuing an advisory for animal rabies to all residents of Pinal County. 

Meet Pete, pet of the week

Pete is a gentle retired greyhound with lots of love and snuggling to give. He's a couch potato, but most definitely does love his toys and the occasional walk. 

Making room for 2010

A New Year is upon us once again -- full of expectations and promise.

Four ways to improve your life in 2010

Call it a rite of passage: the New Year's resolution. Each year, millions of us draw up a laundry list of goals we want to make, bad habits we want to break, or commitments we'll probably shake.

Maricopa Veterans Center invites local groups to meet there

The Maricopa Veterans Center (MVC) is now fully operational in the newly renovated "old library" building. The MVC invites other community groups to hold meetings there.

Decrease in potency leads to nasal H1N1 vaccine recall

Citing a slight decrease in the potency in the nasal version of the H1N1 vaccine, drug maker MedImmune is ordering a voluntary recall of the affected batches of FluMist.

Sober holiday parties

Cheers. The holidays are upon us, and with them come the rituals, parties and pressures that create challenges for most people and dread for many nondrinkers.

Meet Beau: Pet of the week

Hi, I'm Beau. Helping Orphaned Hounds rescued me from the county shelter where I was scheduled to be euthanized because I was scared of humans.

Methodists begin morning services in February

Journey United Methodist Church is moving--to a new place at a new time.

Tips for holiday eating

It's easy to be tempted to overindulge during the family dinners, parties and various celebrations that fill the holiday season. But consider that an extra 500 calories a day translates into one pound of body weight per week.

Cub Scouts holding 5th annual live Christmas tree pick up

Your tree looked beautiful--all those lights and ornaments sparkled. However, now that Christmas is over, some of its needles are drying out and starting to fall. It's time to contact Cub Scout Pack 997.

New Maricopa cookbook to raise funds for food bank

Still making your grandmother's meatloaf recipe? Do you make the best lasagna in Maricopa? Then you should submit your cherished recipes for inclusion in the Maricopa Community Cookbook.

Holiday lights winners announced

Christmas will be a little bit brighter, literally, for seven Maricopa homeowners. The winners of the 5th Annual Holiday Homes on Parade Contest were announced this week. The lights, decorations, and themes dazzled the judges. Congratulations go out to the following winners:

‘Things that matter’

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kids4Hope donate food, get ‘ultimate sundae experience’

Sometimes it takes a "cool" incentive to get kids involved in a project.
Maricopa
clear sky
88.7 ° F
91.2 °
87.4 °
15 %
3.8mph
0 %
Sat
89 °
Sun
91 °