88.8 F
Maricopa
Saturday, May 4, 2024

What are schools doing to reinforce Martin Luther King Jr. Day?

Martin Luther King, Jr. said, "Life's most persistent and urgent question is: what are you doing for others?" Each year, the Corporation for National and Community Service honors Dr. King's legacy by asking Americans to make the King holiday a national day of service.  

Babeu new Arizona Sheriff’s Association president

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu has been elected president of the Arizona Sheriff's Association for 2010. 

Satellite offices accepting exemption applications

Representatives from the Assessor's Office will be visiting satellite locations to accept applications for property exemptions from Pinal County residents.  

Meet Pokey, pet of the week

Pokey was a chunky stray boy found roaming in the Villages at Rancho El Dorado on Dec. 6. Exhaustive measures to find his owner were unsuccessful. 
emergency_911calls_web_file

Know how to use 9-1-1 emergency number

The Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) would like to provide some valuable information, guidelines and tips on when to use and not to use the "9-1-1" Emergency Number.

North Rio Bravo, North Ralston rail crossings closing for repairs

The Union Pacific Railroad will be performing crossing repairs or upgrades at both the North Rio Bravo Road and the North Ralston Road railroad crossings south of State Route 238 next week.

It's time to join Shivers the Penguin and his friends, Marshmallow the polar bear and Harry the arctic hare, in Maricopa Public Library's first ever winter reading program.  

Sheriff Babeau: improved response times, reports access

Emergency response from our Pinal County Sheriff's Deputies has improved in 2009.

Snider named to governor’s panel on water sustainability

Citing a need to identify and overcome obstacles to increased water sustainability, Governor Jan Brewer has named David Snider to the Governor's Blue Ribbon Panel on Water Sustainability. 

Firefighters endorse Kimball, Marchione for council

The Professional Fire Fighters of Arizona is endorsing the Bridger Kimball and Alan Marchione for Maricopa City Council.  

Annual festival marks Our Lady of Grace’s third anniversary

Three years ago Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church converted from a mission to a parish. To celebrate that anniversary, the church will host its 3rd Annual Community Festival and Carnival during the weekend of Jan. 29-31.

Hear the ‘thunder’ in April

Keith Urban and Kid Rock are just two of the national headliners to take the stage at this year's Country Thunder USA in April near Florence.

Paramedic killed in collision

On Friday at approximately 8 a.m. Mark Vernick, 32, of Casa Grande, was killed when a Chevrolet pick-up, driven by Alejandro Statler, 19, also of Casa Grande, collided with his motorcycle.

County air quality topic of Tuesday public meeting

The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality will hold a public meeting Tuesday evening to gain stakeholder input regarding area designations under the particulate matter national ambient air quality standards.

Expansion to add 353 spaces at 40th and Pecos park-and-ride

Expansion of the Ahwatukee park-and-ride lot at 40th Street and Pecos Road may be welcome news for those Maricopans who use the lot as an access to transit services destined for downtown Phoenix.  

Getting back to principles

Since November of 2006, my wife, Misty, and I have made Maricopa our home, and this is where we'll raise our children.  I'm not running for City Council to make friends, nor do I have a hidden agenda; I'm running to do what's right for our community.
Maricopa
clear sky
88.8 ° F
92.8 °
86.2 °
17 %
2.9mph
0 %
Sat
91 °
Sun
91 °